Yesterday was one of the most typical Tuesdays yet in Shanghai, China. Here are a few photos to help show you why:
J.L. at the parlor, getting a bikini wax.
Me and my pajama sellers.
Old ladies craftsman.
Construction worker and spunky ladies.
Fruit buyer and garbage bike.
Crossing guard and youth.
Mannequin and man in dress.
Barbie tough and fruit poseur.
Riding in the cab with E. and Y.
Cosmetics area of the Shanghai Barbie flagship store.
E. getting his nails done.
A. the dandy.
E. on the catwalk.
Dark, mysterious apartment with two adorable cats.
One of the adorable cats.
Cactus transport via motorbike.
Hot tea thermos holster in every cab.
Sports practice as seen from wedding photo studio window.
The “happy” “couple.”
Z. is another bride.
The wedding party poses.
Karaoke at Party World!
Oops I did it again!
The dark halls below Dragon Dance studio.
The cool couch people.
Our hip-hop dance instructor.
Platters of ethnic minority Chinese food. Got lamb out the yin-yang!
Lords of the dance.
A list of things I did:
- Had a conference call meeting with client. From home.
- Ate pizza.
- Rode a cab.
- Watched someone (male) get a bikini wax.
- Bought a pair of ugly pajamas and walked around the French Concession and Huahai shopping street.
- Watch people get Barbie and Ken makeovers, runway shows.
- Sing karaoke.
- Drop off videos at a weird apartment.
- Learn hip-hop dance steps.
- Got a wedding portrait taken.
- Had a whiskey shot.
- Took a nap on a couch.
- Danced on the street.
- Consume some weird Chinese food.
- Saw belly dancers.
- Won a prize.
- Bought peanuts.
- Rode in a cab with a crazy, talkative driver. FORMULA ONE! HOW ARE YOU? FINE THANKS! FORMULA ONE!
- Went to sleep.
I wonder how normal tomorrow will be.